Museum & Gallery Services Queensland
 
     

Miegunyah House Museum

History of the House

The house was built around 1885 on land owned by William Perry, a successful ironmonger and merchant who lived at nearby Folkstone. The house was later saved from demolition by the Queensland Women’s Historical Association, who by 1967 had raised sufficient funds to acquire the building. They refurbished the house and later opened it as a house museum dedicated to the pioneer women of Queensland.

Contact Details

Miegunyah House Museum
Address: 35 Jordan Tce, Bowen Hills Qld
Phone: 07 3252 2979
Email: qwha@miegunyah.org