|The Museum has in its collection the Fred Johnson cream truck, which operated in the area from 1939 to 1973. The truck, a D35 International, which cost £800 to buy new at the Brisbane Exhibition in 1938, was used to collect and cart cream from the Barney View farms to the Rathdowney Tramway Station. After the Station was closed in 1944 the cream was then transported to Beaudesert factory, a distance of 50 miles one way. Fred also would do shopping for the farmers and deliver mail, meat, bread and any other provisions they needed.|
Full Museum Profile is available below.