Museums & Galleries Queensland has compiled a list of grant opportunities available for museums, galleries and other cultural organisations in Queensland.
Select a Category (such as Project work, Equipment, Conservation, etc) or type in a keyword and click Search.
You can also download a full list of funding opportunities in a Word document from the right of this page.
HOW TO USE THIS SEARCH
Each funding source is listed separately in the database. They have been tagged with filters to help you separate out funding sources in separate categories, such as "Capital Works" or "Conservation, Preservation". One item may be tagged with many filters. For example, an item can be tagged both "Philanthropic Funding" and "Capital Works". The items matching these filters will appear in searches for both "Philanthropic Funding" and "Capital Works".
The grants and funds are organised into areas of activity. These include:
- Capital works (includes purchase of property, buildings, extensions to buildings, upgrades or refurbishments to facilities);
- Conservation / Preservation;
- Indigenous programs;
- Project work (includes exhibitions, public programs, events, collection projects, crowdfunding, etc);
- Residencies, internships, mentorships and individual development;
- Staffing and administrative costs;
- Workshops, seminars, conferences and training (includes funds for hire of consultants and speakers)
- Disaster relief
Philanthropic Funding is also included with all opportunities organised into areas of activity, as above.
This listing does not include: awards, prizes, or scholarships; sponsorship opportunities; or funding for for-profit arts businesses.